How To Reduce Office Stress and To Succeed In Your Job
By Albertus Sargent
Stress in the office workplace is very common problem for many people who are working in the office.
Office stress is contributed by many factors, among other things are mainly the tight deadlines, 24 x 7 work environment, highly demanded quality of performance and not less severely the competition among the employees themselves .
Why do we have office stress? The ultimate answer is our worry about risk of not achieving what the company or the boss is expecting from us – we are worried about under-performing which could bring us on the verge on being sacked.
One thing that I would like to stress here that there is another factor for not performing the best results in the work despite adequate professional or technical skill that we have, that is our mentality – our behavior.
The outcome of our work pretty much goes along with how well our attitude or mind set and our behavior are.
We should improve some values in ourselves in order to succeed in our work. With the right attitude, mind-set and behavior, we will improve our relationship with our boss and have less worry about risk of being rejected by our boss and thus we will have less office stress. Of course we should keep up our good professional skill to perform the work well.
The following are a set of values which must become your attitude and behavior as thought of by Keane World Zen which will eventually help reduce the risk of being rejected by your boss even if you happen to deliver just mediocre outcome of your work :
- Don’t talk negatively about people behind their backs.
If you gossip, people won’t confide you.
Mind your own business.
- Try to work for someone who’ll challenge your powers.
You will learn more in a year than 4 years of college.
- Successful bosses have good communication skills.
They learn from people, including their employees.
- Work in such a way that makes your boss look good.
It’s not a flattery.
- On downsizing, the first to go are those with few friends.
Bosses prefer competent people whom they respect.
- Dress for the job you want, not the one you have.
Let your dress reflect professionalism.
- Workout to get in good physical shape.
Unless exceptionally skilled, the unhealthy are at a comparative disadvantage.
- Personal integrity is crucial.
Tell nothing but the truth.
Bosses can forgive mistakes, but if you lie, you’re gone.
- Be on time.
Try to arrive few minutes early.
It saves you from stress.
You’ll be much relaxed and work better.
- Strive your best to keep a deadline.
If you cannot meet it, then apologize and ask for an extension.
- Don’t take things personally.
If some people are unhappy with you, it’s their problem.
But always strive to give your best.
- If you must correct someone, don’t get personal about it.
Do it never in front of others.
- Spend some time alone everyday.
What’s the mission of my life?
What do I want to be?
And how to go about it.
- As you move Plan A of your career, maintain a Plan B as well – an alternative course to rely.
- Always remember that the secret of success is passion.
Always think big. Spread love and joy.
You’ll have blissful years ahead.
There are some other ways how to avoid office stress beside improving your attitude and mind-set you may want to know.
Other article you might want to read:
How To Cope With Workplace Stress
Less Stress At Workplace By Improving Time Management Skill